Dental Patient Information Mississauga
Thank you for choosing R Dentists. We take pride in providing efficient, convenient, comprehensive oral care in a friendly environment. If this is your first time visiting our Mississauga office, you probably have a few questions. We’ve compiled this new patient info to answer some of the most common.
Comfort and convenience
- Technology: We embrace technology such as digital x-rays, intraoral imaging, and laser therapy.
- Sedation: We offer nitrous oxide (laughing gas) for mild sedation. We also work with a trained anesthesiologist to offer IV sedation for deep relaxation.
- Customer service: We take time to get to know you, and learn about your concerns, working together to devise a treatment plan that achieves your goals, while fitting your budget and schedule.
- Amenities: When the dental chair is comfortable and the procedure is not painful, your greatest concern might be boredom. Don’t worry, we have televisions in every room; you can watch Netflix while we care for your smile.
Your first appointment
During your first visit, your dentist will conduct a comprehensive examination to assess your oral health. This includes:
- Digital x-rays to detect calculus below the gum line, bone loss, tooth decay, tumors, and other problems
- Intraoral photos (the inside of your mouth) and facial photos to document and assess your smile
- Complete head, neck, tongue, and mouth screening for oral cancer or precancer
- Periodontal evaluation to detect gum disease
- Tooth-by-tooth examination, carefully evaluating every tooth for cavities, damage to restorations, or any other issues
- The exam is one important aspect of your visit. The other is discussion. Your dentist will explain any oral health problems, discuss potential solutions, and answer questions.
If you didn’t find the information you were looking for, our friendly office staff would be happy to help. Please call our office at (289) 768-7876